12.06.2006

Howdy Neighbors!

[Thisbe notes that she has not posted for some time. Mea culpa. I have no good excuse, except that I didn't have much to say]

So it appears as though we have not one, but two sets of new neighbors.** There have been no sightings of the actual neighbors, but several sightings of their moving trucks and several furtive, drive-by or peering-through-my-window efforts to catch a glimpse of them.

I am not sure about the protocol on the whole "go introduce yourself and be neighborly" thing that I feel that I should do. Am I required to bring a baked good or casserole? (Thisbe is not keen on baking or cooking). Do I need to bring PBB with me? Should I just go with the wee kraken?

I am sure there is some kind of Emily Post procedure, but.......whatever. I think we'll wait until 1) The neighbors are sighted on one of the furtive drive-bys or 2) Saturday, when PBB is home.

**This development is particularly interesting in light of the fact that one set of neighbors is replacing the family which contained our affectionately nicknamed "Loud Guy", a man who was nice, but both a close AND loud talker. Suffice to say, when PBB had a headache so severe that we had to take him to the emergency room (he's fine), who was there? Loud Guy.

Today's Project: Pink sweater project #2 is almost complete! I have only 1 sleeve to go!

Today's life observation: Retail therapy. Goooooooood.

No comments: