7.11.2007

Phase 14 mos: Take it out, put it away

I am currently sitting with a lapful of (clean) diapers which the wee kraken systematically removed from the storage space in the changing area, one by one, and toddled over to hand me. She was not content unless I held each one in *exactly the same way*, and once she had taken all of them out I thought she would stop.

Instead she is repeating this exercise with the pieces from her Melissa & Doug insect puzzle. So in addition to a lapful of diapers I also have a wooden bee, butterfly, ladybug, and fly.

And now a pink stuffed elephant.

I am not sure why I need to hold all of these things, but what makes it awesome is the babbling narrative that goes with each item.

WK: deeeddddddllleee. ladadaldadada. Dah. [Hands up item]
Thisbe: Um. Ok. I'll hold it.
WK: [Enormous smile] Nash! Heh. Da-hum. [toddles off to get another item].
Thisbe: I'll just hold this then.
WK: Deeeeeeeeeedle!!!!

Today's Project: Pointy border for project that is taking FOREVER.

Today's Life Observation: Conversations do not have to be in a recognizable language to be interesting.

1 comment:

Rue said...

I know that pink elephant!!! ;)