7.31.2006

The Goat.

So, along US-1, not far from my house, lives a goat. This is rather odd considering that although I live in the suburbs I do not live in a place where people generally keep goats, and this particular goat resides on what is a very busy stretch of road. It is not a place you would expect to see a goat.

I discovered The Goat on the way to the grocery store about a year ago. I was sitting at a traffic light and glanced out of the window at what I initially thought was a man walking a dog. Until I realized that the dog had a beard and was chewing on something. Then the light turned and I had to drive away, but I immediately called my husband to report what I had seen. He confirmed that indeed, The Goat existed, as he (my husband) had also seen The Goat and had even asked our veterinarian about it, and she said that The Goat exists (and apparently receives regular check-ups).

After discussion with other colleagues who live in my town, I found out that goat-spotting is something of an underground game, and it is now with great enthusiasm that I await a trip past The Goat's house to see if he is around.

I have not seen The Goat outside in quite some time, but his owner has thoughtfully placed a table by the front window of his house, and several times I have seen The Goat silhouetted in the window. The Goat seems to really enjoy looking out the window. Every time I see him it makes me happy. For no reason.

Today's project: The Pink Sweater Project beat goes on. I have finished the right side and begun work on the left. I am concerned that the recipient of this sweater will not appreciate how difficult it was to create, considering how simple it looks.

Today's life observation: Simple things really can make you happy. We went to Stew Leonard's over the weekend and I got several very exciting food items, and I was so happy I was practically doing a dance in the checkout line. I love you Stew's! I especially love your grapefruit juice and animatronic dancing fruits and vegetables. ["I am Chiquita Banana and I'm here to say...."]

No comments: