1.17.2007

Coda Mama

This morning we went to a Mom's Club Event. I kind of hate going to these events. I am completely intimidated by all the other Moms. I feel like a mom imposter. Like I am some sort of 16 year old babysitter who stole someone's kid and is masquerading as an actual Mom.

Not to mention, that I generally do not get along well with other women. This is not to say that I don't like other women, or have female friends or anything, but for some reason, I do not get the whole female relationship dynamic (despite having researched this issue, taken classes on it, and actually conducted sessions with teenagers on relational aggression), and I end up saying or doing something stupid.

And then the other women/girls mock me and torment me endlessly. And not in a gentle, fun, kind of way. In the kind of way that makes a 16 year old girl go home after school and cry in her room.

For example, today one of the other Moms asked me if the wee kraken was sleeping through the night, and I, stupid moron that I am, answered "Yes, she has been sleeping through the night since she was 2 months old" (which is true). I then spent the next 10 minutes backpedaling and talking about all the other things she does that are not good, because that Mom was clearly about to disembowel me with a butter knife.

I keep going to these events because I really feel like I need to meet other Moms, but I just have NOTHING to talk about with them. I feel like a giant tool. Argh.

Today's Project: Mystery Baby Project #1 continues.

Today's Life Observation: Mean Girls just grow up into Mean Moms.

No comments: