1.09.2007

Slacker poster.

Yes. Yes. I know. I haven't posted in well over two weeks. I don't have much of a good excuse except for general holiday malaise. That and the fact that I really didn't have much to report, and I did not think it would be interesting for people to read "Hey, nothing happened today! It was RIVETING".

This past weekend PBB & I dressed up like real adults and went out for a proper grown-up dinner, replete with alcohol and food that was prepared in more than 5 minutes without a microwave. Accompanying us for this outing were Mr. & Mrs. Weef, who are expecting a small (and we found out today) little girl (congratulations!) kraken of their very own.

So, while we went out with the best of intentions, I could not stop PBB from waxing eloquent on the colors of poo, and I went right along with it. And I must say, I am full of shame, because that is not normal adult conversation, and a shout-out apology must go to the Weefs, for subjecting them to what amounted to an all-night diatribe on being new parents. I will be very impressed if they did not have to go home and lie down for the rest of the year from fear and shock. I have promised Mrs. Weef that we will go out for another grown-up dinner and will not have lame baby conversations, although she did not seem that upset (but then, she is very polite and well-mannered, so she may be trying to spare my feelings, or perhaps, fend off another spate of parenting drivel).

We also went to see A Chorus Line, which was very good, with two notable exceptions/problems:

1) The seats in the Schoenfeld theater were apparently designed for gnomes, and therefore, no average sized adult (or even small adult) can sit comfortably in them, which really detracts from one's enjoyment of the show.

2) Seated directly behind us were a group of women that if I were to use dramatic UNDERstatement I would describe as quiet, subtle, and slightly tipsy. The seats did not seem to bother them (to be fair, in their state(s), I think that if the theater exploded it would not have bothered them), and they expressed their *deep* love of the show by punctuating EVERY SINGLE SONG with their own approbation/observations. "I JUST *LOVE* HER! I DO! I LOVE HER!!!!" "SHE'S GREAT!" "YES! SHE IS GREAT! I LOVE HER". I am still not sure if it was funny or just plain annoying.

Today's Project: Continued work on Mystery Baby Project #1. So fun!

Today's Life Observation: Cats really do like balls of string.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! No worries on the baby conversations, honestly! The Thisbe Family is our *main* source of all things baby. You are our baby bible. (Plus, don't forget that there was also talk of how cute "Larry" from ACL was-- that was adult conversation! At least for us ladies!!!) ;)