1.10.2007

La la la.

So, for those of you who know Thisbe (and read previous posts), you know that I enjoy singing, and I am not actually too bad at it. If I may toot my own horn for a moment here, I have even held principal roles in several musical productions. As such, I decided that I would like to participate in a local Gilbert & Sullivan group that is putting on a show later this year. So now, every Monday and Wednesday, I drive 35 minutes to rehearsal and have a little kraken-free grown-up time.

I am enjoying the rehearsals, but as it turns out, I am the only one in the group who has actually performed this particular show (a more obscure G & S production), and so I often find my mind wandering. I stare at the wooden ceiling of the church where we rehearse, and I wonder how old it is, how many slats it has, and whether the church founders would freak out if they knew people of many non-Christian faiths were hanging out there and singing immoral songs (or at least, songs that would have been immoral at the time). I am also fascinated by the signs that are sort of lying around the rehearsal space (e.g. Spaghetti Dinner! Tonight!), and wonder how long they have been there. They move around, and change, but yet, I have seen no signs of any Spaghetti Dinner.

And perhaps as a result of all of these random musings I also find that I am regressing to the slightly obnoxious soprano that I was in college. Specifically, I am all fidgety and whispering to my neighbor, and I can't quite figure it out. I am no longer fearful of these people (or at least, I am less fearful than when I auditioned) Why am I suddenly becoming 18 again? [Or at least, why can't I just get back my 18 year old body?] It is fortunate that the music director seems as immature as I am, (or finds my fidgety weirdness endearing), because I think otherwise I would be sitting in a corner with a dunce cap.

Sooooooo, shout out to the G & S group! Way to give me an adult activity complete with real conversations!

Today's Project: Still Mystery Baby Project #1!

Today's Life Observation: Low-fat things are also low in taste.

No comments: